Served hot or cold with a salad, this tomato onion tart can be eaten as a starter or main course. This tasty pie, with a crispy crust and a melt-in-the-mouth filling, is sure to delight the whole family.
- Units: 8
- Preparation: 20 mins
- Cooking: 40 mins
- Category: Entrance | Vegetarian cuisine | Salty Tart
- Cuisine: French
|Puff pastry||1 roll|
|Fine semolina||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||1 fillet|
Preparation of the recipe: onion tomato tart
- Plunge the tomatoes into a pan of boiling water for 1 minute. Rinse them quickly under running cold water to peel them easily.
- Then cut the tomatoes into slices, place them in a colander, season with salt, then let drain for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onions. In a hot skillet, brown them in a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the sugar before seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- As soon as the onions begin to color, reserve them in another container. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Darken the puff pastry in a pie mold without removing the baking paper. Prick the bottom with a fork, brush with mustard, sprinkle with semolina, then cover with onions.
- Then arrange the tomato slices, sprinkle with oregano, then bake in the oven for 40 minutes. After 15 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 180°C.
- Then let the onion tomato tart cool for about 10 minutes before serving.