Here is a delicious little seasonal recipe, to enjoy immediately or to keep in jars, which will be perfect for your breakfasts or snacks.
- Units: 4
- Preparation: 5 mins
- Cooking: 25 mins
- Category: Sauces | Sweet sauces | Jam
- Cuisine: French
|sugar for jam||1kg|
Preparation of the recipe: gooseberry jelly
- Destem, wash and drain the currants.
- Put them in a saucepan and heat them over low heat in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Pour the currants and juice through a sieve and squeeze the fruit with the back of a spoon. Collect the juice.
- Add the sugar (one kilo of sugar per kg of juice obtained) in order to obtain a jam that sets quickly.
- Cut the lemon and squeeze the juice.
- Bring the redcurrant juice, lemon juice and sugar to a boil in a saucepan. Boil for a few minutes. Dip a spoon into the juice and check that it stays set. If so, the cooking is perfect.
- Scald the jam jars, pour the gooseberry jelly into them, close the lids and turn the jars upside down until cool. Enjoy or keep in a cool place away from light.